Carrying one of our cards bearing the PASS hologram, means you can gain access to the goods and services to which you are legally entitled to, without having to risk carrying more costly documents such as passports or driving licences.
Our web standard applications are now only £14.75 with urgent applications priced at £23.75
The application journey
- Application Received in Post (including for online part applications- you must print the link emailed automatically to you after payment and complete the application and return with photos and supporting document copies signed by your Verifier) NOTE:You are paying for a processing fee not the card and the fee is payable upfront and is non refundable as work begins as soon as you submit online or we receive in post non online app.
- Application checked for correct completion, verifier nomination qualifies against list and signed by Verifier copies of supporting documents/photo meet criteria.
- Where a non photo supporting document is provided such as a copy Birth Certificate then a confirmation call to the Verifier is made to ensure participation, confirm supporting documents provided and establish their relationship with applicant. If a photo ID supporting document is used such as a Passport copy or Photo Driving Licence copy then as long as the copy is signed as required by the Verifier then this call is not needed but may still be done.
- If all details and facts are established then the application is authorised and goes into card production diary
- If the criteria has not been met then a call is made to applicant or an email/text is sent to them outlining the problem and what is required. It is important you check your emails/texts and phone answer machine for messages from us. Your application will remain on hold until we receive the required details. Please check your SPAM boxes.
- Upon completion of the production of the card it will be sent to you by 1st class Recorded Delivery if you applied for an urgent process and by ordinary 1st class post if you applied for a standard process.
Who is an acceptable verifier?
Your Verifier should be a professional person or a person of good standing in the community and their occupation should appear on the list of acceptable Verifier professions shown on one of the two lists of acceptable Verifiers below and on the application form, you may be known or not known to them. A Verifier known should know and recognise you, such as your doctor, teacher. A Verifier not known would consider you a stranger such as an accountant, solicitor, Chemist etc.
Make sure your Verifier is over 25 years of age and is not a relative or retired person.
Acceptable Verifier List 1: Verifying against original document.
Acceptable Verifier List 2: Verifying against Official Records.
Your Verifier should complete the middle section of the application with the details about them as requested and then sign and date the application.
Your Verifier must write the following on the copy supporting document “I certify that I have seen the original of this copy and that matches the name and date of birth printed on the application form” and add their full name, signature and date underneath as illustrated. If you are not known to the verifier, the copy document must be one which has your photograph on it ie Passport, Photo Driving Licence or PASS Card for example.
They must write on the back of one of the photos “ I certify that this is a true likeness of ( Applicants Name here)” and then sign it and date it.
Replacement and upgrade cards
If you lose or wish to upgrade your card to the next category then we can replace your card for a cost of £9.99. How?
- Send us an email or letter asking for a replacement and outlining the circumstances i.e. I have lost my card or I wish to upgrade to an 21+ card.
- If the photograph, we have of you is over 6 months old, then you will need to send us 2 new photographs with your letter or by post separately with a covering letter if you have emailed in your request.
- If your address and /or contact details have changed since the original card was issued to you then again you must make this clear and advise the new AND the original address in your contact with us.
- Payment. We accept all credit/debit cards and you may wish to call us with those details for security rather than including them in an email or letter. If you provide a mobile for us we will ring you to take the details. We accept Postal orders and cheques payable to Cards 4U Ltd.
Your replacement or upgraded card will be sent to you within 14 working days where possible. Please note if you are applying for an upgrade before you reach your milestone birthday, 18, 21 or 25 we cannot post your card until the day of birthday or the nearest working day after it should it fall on a weekend.